The UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies) annual conference 2022 will be taking place on 5-8 September 2022 in Lille, France. It will consist of a three-day in person conference in Lille, and a one-day virtual event (Thursday 8 September).
The call for paper is now open, and we’re organising pre-formed panels on EU health governance – join us!
Details on funding available and how to get in touch can be found below:
We are delighted to invite submission of abstracts on the theme of Health Governance in the European Union, to join our panels at the upcoming UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies) annual conference.
The panels will explore all areas of EU health law and policy, including but not limited to:
- The EU’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent changes to the health governance framework (European Health Union, proposals for a strengthened health security framework, etc.)
- Public health, health determinants and health inequalities in and across member states
- The role of European actors – the Commission, the Parliament, the agencies, WHO Europe etc. – in health and health governance
- The impact of the single market upon health systems, for example via competition law, pharmaceutical regulation, migration of health professionals, trade…
- The inclusion of health in broader governance frameworks such as the European Semester, the Pillar of Social Rights, Europe 2020…
As part of our UACES Research Network on EU Health Governance, we are delighted to offer subsidised participation. This subsidy (for use to fund travel and/or accommodation) will provide a maximum of £200 to support an EUHealthGov member to attend the conference. The subsidy is aimed at supporting one participant/paper, but can be split between two or more co-authors if preferred – please state clearly in your abstract proposal.
To apply for the subsidy, you need to:
- Be signed up to the EUHealthGov mailing list
- Be completing a PhD, or have recently submitted/defended a PhD (within 5 years)
- Confirm that you agree to writing a short blog (200 words) about your paper/presentation for the EUHealthGov website.
In the event that more than one application to the subsidy fund is received, papers will be ranked according to their fit with the conference themes and the aims of the EUHealthGov network.
We welcome papers from all disciplines, including law, public policy, sociology, economics, public health, global health etc., pertaining to any dimension of EU health governance. If you are planning to submit a paper on a topic related to the above, and are interested in doing so as part of a pre-formed panel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 16 January. We will select from these and confirm inclusion by Wednesday 19 January, so that any unsuccessful submissions can be sent to the general call ahead of the 23 January deadline.
For inclusion please send:
- Paper title, keywords and abstract of no more than 250 words
- Full name, email address and institution/organisation of all authors
- Indication of preference regarding face-to-face or virtual panel format
- Indication of eligibility for the early-career conference subsidy